With the traditional American Way being fundamentally transformed by Liberal Doctrine, it seems presidential priorities ought to include things like Constitutional fidelity, and lawful government conduct. Well, about that…
Our President has been busy looking-out for the comfort of convicts. Specifically, Barack Hussein has made Federal correctional facilities stop using solitary confinement as a control/discipline tool with juvenile convicts.
Barack Hussein feels solitary confinement is cruel and unusual. The Judicial (Supreme Court) and the Legislative (Congress) branches of America’s government have not expressed agreement, but that doesn’t impede Obama in his despotic construction of his legacy.
Congress is currently considering the matter, but they are apparently too slow to suit the President so he has usurped their power. . . again.
Some facts about inmates from a 2006 study by The DOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics:
1. In the nation’s 75 largest counties, an estimated 58,100 defendants were charged with a felony offense.
2. More than three-fourths of felony defendants had a prior arrest history. [only one out of four were not repeat offenders].
3. Fifty-eight percent of felony defendants were released prior to adjudication [a majority of apprehended criminals go free].
4. About two-thirds of the remaining felony defendants went to trial and were convicted. [33,698 convictions].
5. Seventy percent of defendants convicted were incarcerated. [23,588 of the original 58,100 felony defendants ended-up in prison].
Conclusion? ONLY THE WORST OFFENDERS GO TO PRISON.